View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Well, that would be nice since I still have my three pre-Peavey Cargos and they are doing just fine. I also have spare tuners (CA Guitars was using Gotoh 510 miniatures at the time) and pins, since I planned on keeping these for a long time and somehow just sensed that CA Guitars probably wouldn't last forever.

It is really interesting to see some of the stuff I have become valuable to other people. I have seen a number of music books that I have, selling at (in my opinion) ridiculously high prices. A good example is the Mick Goodrick "Mr. Goodchord" series of books. I have all three, and the third is especially rare. Some of those cool old Charles Hanson books are now going for upwards of $30. I picked up a bunch of these for $3 - $4 at Half Price Books years ago. Since I have no intention of selling because I use this stuff, I won't be cashing in, but it is fun to watch what people are willing to pay.

But, then, I have a 1917 Martin 0-18 from when Martin was still making these with Brazilian rosewood back and sides (they switched later that year to mahogany and used that forever after). This guitar sold new for about $30 back then. I also have a 1925 Martin all Koa soprano ukulele that probably sold for less than that back then too.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...