View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 03:55 PM

Default Follow up

Had a long talk with the dealer, a really great guy, Eddie Carlino Guitars in Mass.
He is so fed up and hurt by Furch that he's ready to throw in the towel on them.

Story goes that they got such phenomenal demand for these 40th anniversary Ltd's (only making 40 total, 15 for U.S. Market) that they changed the pricing, leaving the dealer in the lurch and then decided that they would demand to have prospective buyers fill out an "audition" form and they will then choose the most "worthy" applicants (the main item on the form is "how many Furches do you own so not looking good for me).

In other words, the dealer got screwed just as bad as me and Furch's behavior and respect for their dealers and customers leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ View Post
So I bought unseen and paid for in full one of the upcoming Furch 40th Anniversary models.

(to be made with the Ash tree that was growing in their yard and been drying for five years)

Tonight the dealer informs me that the price has gone from 5k to 8k !!

I told him we have a contract and that he will be in breach.

He refunded me and claims to be the victim of Furch's misinformation.

I want the guitar but not the hassle of a lawsuit.

I wrote to Furch and to their U.S. Rep.

I'm so disappointed at what feels like a naked cash grab and the lack of integrity with Furch. I'm hoping they step up and take responsibility but I fear they may have gotten arrogant from their success... I don't know, really bummed out over this :-(

Any advice?