View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMay View Post
I have watched Jerry Rosa videos on this and I have tried it and it works.
Questions: Can you push from the inside and open the crack a little. Can you see the crack flex when you do this?
I used Titebond, but it's just a wood glue so any good wood glue would do the same. If you use CA or super glue you risk it drying on the outside before you can wipe it off and you are left with residue that can basically only be removed by sanding or scraping. I don't think this will work for you since looks are important.
Then you can push up from the inside while you glue with wood glue from the outside.

You can watch his videos and find out how to fix a lot of different and various things. He's very good.

Your very best option is to find the time and money and take it to a qualified luthier. I doubt it would cost very much at all.

Good luck.

Ron
Thanks Ron. No its not an open crack or even a split. Just a very small hairline, hard to see actually. I'm in remote Thailand and we do have a Luthier here but like most things you would really be better having a crack it it yourself. They are hardly craftsman here lol. I know what you mean about the superglue, made a horrible mess with it once before and sometimes even sanding polishing doesn't help. Seems to burn into the finish.

I see a video where one guy uses a little suction cup / pump thing to work the glue into the seam. Looked like a good idea.