View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

I've been playing strats for more than 40 years and I have no idea how I've avoided even thinking about the possibility of this, but I never recall it happening. People also complain about the strat's volume knob location being in the way when you're picking or mostly strumming down by the bridge - never had an issue with that either.

But I get it. I had a dual humbucker PRS where the leg cut (waist) of the guitar was quite far forward (as they are on Les Pauls) and in my typical seated position, it caused me to pick over the neck pickup all the time and I was always hitting it with the pick. It didn't throw off my playing, but I'm pretty reliant on the neck pickup and you could hear the clicks through the amp. That was the least serious problem I had with that guitar - it's position also caused me to have to twist around quite uncomfortably to get good access to the upper frets. I ended up selling it because I couldn't get comfortable playing it.

Not every guitar is for every player. I can't comfortably play dreadnoughts anymore either...

-Ray