View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
Been thinking of adding an OM to the heard. I have the opportunity to get an OM guitar with a cedar top and rosewood back and sides. Anyone care to Share their experience with a similar build.

I can also get one with a deep body option as well as a spruce top. I will have some sound/vid samples to check out soon that I can share but figured I would post the question while I’m waiting.

What say you

Matthew
Hi Matthew

Rosewood/Cedar is one of my favorite 2 combinations. The other is Mahogany Cedar. I've played amazing versions of both (my 26 yr old Olson Dreadnought EIR/Cedar which is my main guitar). The best OM sized Cedar top I've played was a Bashkin Honduran Mahogany/Cedar.

If I'd been rich enough, I would have had one built…I already own a Myrtlewood/Spruce Bashkin OM.

Handbuilt (solo built, boutique built) are less of a toss-up, but I'm still a try before buy kind of guy when it comes to builders I don't know, and sizes and wood combos I don't know.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…