View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 01:18 AM

Default Problem=Opportunity

Yes, there was another reason for sharing these concert pics...

Position markers! I don't feel happy unless I can clearly see my dots, they don't have to be big, there just has to be enough contrast for me to not have to worry about what's going on on a dimly lit stage. (It's amazing how markers can just disappear under certain coloured lights or indeed in daylight, eg abalone markers on flamed maple binding!) The ones on Jason's own guitar are red on ebony binding, not ideal for the mole-like conditions that artists sometimes encounter...

So I told Jason that I needed visible position markers.

He said "I have an idea".

"Is this OK for you?" asked Jason.

That's lovely" I said, lots of contrast, "thank you very much"

"How about now?" asked Jason...

"Say what?" Quoth I...

Yes, the position markers are white in daylight and glow a soft royal blue in low light. No batteries, no LED's, non-toxic, no radiation, 10 seconds to charge them with a black-light torch (included)

I now have landing lights!

Now these markers are only visible to the player, we're not talking a Pink-Floyd light show here.

The neck is now on as is the fingerboard and will be shaped in the coming days

This is where custom guitars can be such a joy, you approach an expert craftsman with a problem and let them get on with solving it in their own way. And Jason has hit this one out of the park! I'm really looking forward to my next underground gig!

Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.

Last edited by Michael Watts; 03-18-2011 at 11:34 AM.