View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
I've just tried it and reinstalled the pickup. Yes, I got a perfect balance between the strings but it changed the tone completely and not for the better. It sounds harsh now, looking at a frequency analyser it lost high end and there is too much mids at around 1.8 and 2kHz.
I'd love to have the tone from the first installation and string balance from the second. I'll keep experimenting with the position of the pickup. I still have enough adhesive tape for 3 installations.
Any ideas where I should try to move it next?
Have you tried the putty yet? If not, try it out. I feel like with the tape the three feet have to meet a flat surface. With the putty it doesn't matter as much as there's still a transfer of sound if that makes sense.

On a side note, after thinking over the recommendation from Schatten, I do find that approach to be a bit odd. I don't find it surprising that you disliked the new tone. If anything, it would make more sense to maybe shave a little off one of the legs but I would have to know for sure that one was off before doing this.

Last edited by Petty1818; 01-14-2019 at 04:06 PM.