View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 02:33 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. I went to a few different guitar centers and got to check out all of these models in some fashion. Absolutely love the feel of the hybrid neck. Unfortunately, besides the stage, they are the thickest bodied. So, I went ahead and ordered the fusion rosewood II because it has a slightly thinner body. I'm hoping the rosewood veneer on the solid top doesn't hurt the sound too much. I know it may be gimmicky, but I really love the look of hardwoods. I'm a furniture maker and I love collecting items from different wood species (you should see me Japanese knife collection!). To me a rosewood top veneer adds something special to the story of the guitar. Quality wise I think these fusions are absolutely worth $899. But, I'm not very experienced with the competition. I did get it for much less, so I know it's a great deal for me.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience @RJVB. I live in Ventura where Cordova's California factory is. I know some people that work there. They are great people and they say great things about the company and their efforts to keep customers happy. I'll post here how the fit and finish of my guitar looks out of the box. I'll also do a full setup and let you know what needed work.