View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

THe only time I carry cash is when I’m going to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings. And there are fewer and fewer merchants there that you need cash for. My iPhone can pay at most merchants using Apple Pay and there’s a compartment in my phone case where I can carry a credit card, debit card, health insurance card, and driver’s license. So when I need a physical card, I have it, but I need them less and less often.

Apple Pay is the same as using my debit or credit card, BTW - both cards information are loaded into my phone. It just handles the transaction electronically so nobody has to see my card number. On my account statement there’s no difference between a transaction I have to pull the card out for and one where I use the phone to pay. Using the phone is just more secure and convenient...

I only use PayPal online, but Apple Pay and PayPal use the same currency and account as my debit and credit cards, and the same as if I used cash. Bitcoin is its own virtual currency and is a COMPLETELY different thing than any of the other methods mentioned here.