View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 PM

Default Simon Fay Guitars - "Roadtrip" Guitar

A number of years ago, several AGF luthiers sent out guitars that traveled around the country - these were called "roadtrip" guitars. If an individual wanted to be a part of the roadtrip, they just needed to ship the guitar to the next person on the list. Generally, participants would keep the guitar for 1 week. I've been thinking that it might be nice to do another one. There is devaluation that comes along with a roadtrip guitar and so, I would need enough participants to warrant the effort - 25 or more individuals seems about right.

I have business/shipping insurance and so I'd arrange the shipping and email a shipping label - reimbursement could be done via check or PayPal. I would need to build a guitar first - so this would have to start in late 2018 or early 2019. So let me know if you would be interested in participating and I'll see if there is enough interest to make this a reality. Also, let me know what wood combination you would be most interested in as well.

And since posts are so empty without pictures, here's some photos of two guitars I recently completed.

Last edited by Simon Fay; 08-22-2018 at 11:13 PM.