View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 06:57 AM

Well, for me, I'm not a fan of anything that looks like a drummer's throne or office chair. I like rustic stuff, and the decor of my house is rustic. That's why the pick-n-glider is attractive (and that so-expensive-theres-no-listed-price guitar seat above lol).

So, I like wood. Even my stool was a leather-padded rustic wood stool. But I can't use stools anymore... I need to be sitting straight up, for my lower back. I can't do that on a padded stool.... unless it's so short it's actually a FOOTREST (I did that for awhile too... like the little "milking stools" you see at guitar stores lol)

And I don't sit back when playing... no seat really works for that (for me)... the ergonomics of holding and playing a guitar requires me to be up straight... sure, I've done my share of fiddling on the couch, but it's not conducive to REALLY playing, for me.

That's why the simple folder simply works: it's the right height, it's not ugly, and *I* control my posture... I'm not even using the back of it. The Soundseat "low" model... the one with the low back... does look like it might be good for having lumbar support, so I COULD sit back and play... but again, ugly... doesn't go with the decor LOL (I know, I know, but aesthetics plays a huge role in guitar-world, and you all know it )

Anyway, it'll be good for me to "do the work" of sitting up straight anyway... engage those muscles and keep them strong, as a preventative against further back issues....
2023 Traveler Redlands Spruce Concert

"Just play today. The rest will work itself out." - Bob from Brooklyn