View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
I get, and as previously stated - BTDT. Until I got my recent Canon digital cameras with L series zoom lenses, I only used prime lenses, sometimes a single one, but usually two to five different focal length, depending of what camera system I had with me (ranging from 35mm through 8x10, and everything in between). Yes, it does require a greater understanding of composition, and makes one try to be more creative, generally. It is particularly fun when I go out with my Hasselbald SWC. For several years I used nothing but my Rolleiflex 3.5E (Zeiss Planar)with Konica Infrared 750 and a Rollei glass #29 filter. Yeah, it had two lenses , but only one for creating the actually image. At present, I have only two cameras with a single lens - a Primo Jr. (once again, a TLR but only one taking lens) and a R.B. Auto Graflex with a 180mm Tessar. I know that film is still available for the former, but, unfortunately, the other uses 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 pack film. I did have a Contax T for a while but quickly grew tired of using it, due to its way too small to hold comfortably size. The 8x10 was a Deardorff pre-war model that had a triple convertible Wollensak Velostigmat lens, but even though I had three focal lengths available, it was a PITA to set up the different cell configurations so I rarely used other than the widest (normal) focal length.
Again, I'm not entirely sure what you're replying to. Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to impress me with the photo equipment you've used. Please, really, don't do that...

Quote:
If you have any recs on a fully manual fixed lens digital camera (with easy, immediate access to shutter speed and aperture controls, as in, dials, like on mechanical cameras of yore), I'm all ears as it would be a convenient camera to have for some things, these days.
I shot in manual, aperture and shutter priority with the X100F this past weekend, and it was simple enough...