Thread: NGD! PRS
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
$200 Bucks? Classic 30’s have a good reputation, Blue Marvel speakers are good all around guitar speakers, and it’s already wrecked looking! I would buy it just for a conversation starter.
I’m about to call that guy. The problem is that I don’t have a place to crank up that amp. 30 watt tube is definitely louder than my Katana 50 which I don’t even play halfway without my wife yelling to turn it down. But getting it just because it’s a deal considering it’s modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
That's a great looking guitar and it sounds like you got quite a deal on it! Congratulations! I have an SE model PRS baritone and it's a phenomenal guitar. I'm sure the upper end ones are much better.
Thanks! I almost bought a SE that came with factory SD pups, but I held myself. That one went for almost $1000. A baritone is something I’ve been thinking of getting. Please don’t spark my GAS again! [emoji23]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Congrats on your new PRS! They are wonderfully built instruments! That's a cool color on yours, and you've already got upgraded pickup's, which is a big bonus, as I think the stock pickups are the achilles heel of many PRS guitars. To be fair, I know many people like them, but they never worked for the tone I like. I am a fan of Seymour Duncan pickups though, but I am not familiar with the SH4/2. Do you mean one SH4 (bridge) and one SH2 (neck) pickup?

Sounds like you a great deal on a keeper guitar.

I posted a few months ago about my PRS (1994 Custom 22) that I absolutely couldn't stand the sound of! I tried to sell it for a totally reasonable price, but no one was interested, and I saw other PRS guitars with lesser tops sell for more than what I was asking. It was very frustrating to say the least. So I finally gave up on selling, and I changed the pickups in it. It became one of the best sounding guitars that I've ever played, and man I'm glad I didn't sell it!

Yeah it’s a very nicely built instrument. Read a lot about it, how PRS managed to make a USA built line, and keep it so affordable. There really isn’t much separating this guitar from a core PRS for less than half the price. The pickups are like you said, but they’re better known as the JB and Jazz. I was just practicing economy typing. [emoji23]

And your guitar sounds lovely. Thanks for posting!