View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Admittedly I don’t have any direct experience with older Yamahas. I have seen lots of good comments on here over time though about them more generally.

I can speak to direct experience with the LL26/36/56 Yamahas...Having just took delivery of one in the last week. Resale aside, which I could care less about because this guitar will never be sold, I’m blown away. I have no idea how bad the resale is on them. If you care greatly about that then perhaps it might not be an option for you, you should assess how bad it could be, etc. Incredible guitars either way...

We may be heading into a time period where a lot of guitars don’t have the best resale...Time will tell...

I will never buy a guitar based on resale. I know there are others out there like me, and others who greatly care about the issue. You sound like the latter.

Here is a link to some impressions I gave for my recent purchase in the event that it might be helpful. To a large degree this would also apply to the LL26/LL36 —>

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=575912

Good luck with your decision, and welcome to the party.
Truth be told, I get very attached to my guitars, and in the beginning of this journey, I had many friends pounding me about saving up for a Martin for various reasons, the least of which is that my guitar instructor is very fond of bluegrass music and I love it too, and asked him to teach me some songs. Regardless, I acquired the guitars that I have without a thought about selling them, and how much money that might bring. I am certain that if I pursue the purchase of any high-end Yamaha, I won't be selling it. If I learned anything from researching guitars through this forum, I learned that it's important to choose a guitar that speaks to you, regardless of the logo that is printed on the headstock. My only regret is that I didn't start learning earlier. It makes me happy when I play, even though I have many hours of practice ahead of me. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Yamaha DW-15
Yamaha LD-10
Yamaha FG-461S
Yamaha FG- 450SA
Recording King RD10