View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Not a chain-one-into-the-other thing, but a one or the other. The Boss is more subtle and I've set it for that. The Janglebox on the other hand is for when you want to hear the squish that is part of the Byrds electric 12-string guitar sound -- but the other thing I find it does really nicely is the "sustain a note while facing the guitar speaker and wait for feedback to emerge" thing. I've used an EBow, I have a guitar with a Fernandez Sustainer, and I have the DigiTech Feedback pedal that almost made it onto this board, but the Janglebox does this trick as well as anything, sounds really organic doing it, without needing a whole lot of volume from the amp to get that feedback loop happening. That kind of sound is sort of old school electric guitar, Hendrix and Zappa for example did it quite a bit, using just high volume amps.

I've never run the Tube Screamer clone into the Muff fuzz either, though I know some like to stack drive pedals.
Cool. I get it. I have always used compression. For some reason I decided a few months ago to ditch the compression pedal. This was during pandemic times when the band was not together. Well we got back together and I played a few rehearsals without it then brought it back in and was like... Oh yeah! That's the sound I've been missing. It's often thought of as a subtler affect but in live settings I think it really enhances. It's kind of like a presence knob on an amp or something.