Thread: Home Recording
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napman View Post
My first language is Thai. Yes, I agree that "Against the wind" is always haunting particularly when we get to this age

About bass, I'd say just wait and may be search for the USED one at your local Craigslist. I don't think you should pay more than $100.

Also I just check Bob's (I didn't read down to his signature!). I'm a Stones fan and really love "Ruby Tuesday". And that one is also another haunting song for sure, nice job Bob.

I just finished my other multi-track song at SoundCloud. This one I also played around with my Zoom RT123 drum machine and my Fender P bass. It's JT's old song.

http://soundcloud.com/napman9/fire-and-rain-multi-track
Thanks, Napman! As you could probably tell, I'm a Stones fan, too, but mostly early Stones. "Last Time" is posted there too, and it is a fun song to play and sing. I used electric guitar in it to emphasize that signature riff, and I also used some harmonica in there.

I listened to your new recordings and they are very good...nice tone and clear sound. "Against The Wind" is great at that slower tempo and your vocal is perfect for it. "Fire and Rain" is very good too, but I would leave out the drums because they detract from the intimate and melancholy tone of your guitar and vocal, IMHO.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)