View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Hi there Dave. My apologies for not replying sooner. I just now had time to upload my pics and type down my impressions.

Acoustically, the Minis don't sound as full and big as the full size Cordobas (of course). But they sound fuller than you might think. They sound somewhere between a full size and a ukulele in my opinion. I actually love their sound. It's very endearing. The string balance is perfect on both of my Mini IIs and when comparing the all-mahogany model to the cutaway model, the cutaway model is snappier and tighter in tone, while the mahogany model has more mid-range overtones.

Last night I spent time playing my GK Pro negra and the cutaway Mini II plugged-in to my Fishman Loudbox Artist. They sound amazingly similar plugged-in! Before now, I've never playing an electrified nylon that had comparable sounding electronic pickup/preamp systems to the Fishman PreFix ProBlend systems in my various GK Pros, FCEs, and FCWE guitars. The K&K Pure Classic system that I put in my F10 is close though. Anyways... the system in the EB-CE Mini II impressed me. It sounds great! I'm going to take my GK Pro negra and the new EB-CE to my gig tomorrow night at a local art museum and play both. So I'll have a better opinion then. But so far, I'm loving it.

Btw... I dunno if Music Villa in Bozeman, Montana got more than one EB-CE or not. I was in a hurry to get to the football game, so I minimized the chit chat and didn't hang around as long as I usually would have. You might call them and ask.

Here are a few pics of the new EB-CE, and then some of the Mini Is, Mini IIs, GK Pros, and F10. My apologies for the HUGENESS of the photos. I didn't realize they would show up this big.