View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 01:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That is beautiful. The sparkle is pretty cool! In regards to your previous post, I picture a machine with lots of belts and pullies and chains with a smoke stack coming out where the billets go in one end on the conveyor belt and out comes a sparkling new Hatcher....probably not how it happens.
Your on to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
If the pic doesn't do it justice, it must be amazing in real life!

The colors and the grain are mesmerizing!
I'm excited about the possibilities! I attacked that log again today and now have 6 Desert Ironwood fretboard along with wood for bridges, binding and overlays and that was using less than half the log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Loving this series of posts. Always love seeing the transformation from trees to guitars.

I think desert ironwood is the most beautiful possible wood for fretboards. Would be quite something if a big enough piece could be found for back and sides.

Speaking of which, snakewood is outstanding for back and sides. I have a snakewood guitar that is a treasure.
Thanks for commenting Jamiejoon. Both Snakewood and Desert Ironwood are pretty small trees so we don't see many guitar back and sides sets but there are some out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
With little eeny weeny Mark Hatchers standing inside at every level to take progress pictures. Every guitar would pop out with a coffee table book!
HaHa It's a hard day at work taking all those pictures!

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright