View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
This claim that the Aura sound imaging doesn't follow the player's touch very well is interesting to me because Harvey Reid (noted multi-instrumentalist, Winfield champ and Aura beta tester) claims that Aura follows his playing very well. Its interesting to me that two pros like yourselves have totally different takes on the Aura.

I'm not the biggest Aura fan myself (having used both the Aura Spectrum DI AND an onboard Aura system with model-specific sound images), but I do recall that Harvey claimed that custom sound images were necessary to achieve the Aura technology's full potential. Perhaps that's the reason (lack of custom sound images on Joseph's part) for the divergent Aura experiences.

There is one Aura-related issue that hasn't been too controversial. Most top-tappers feel they get a better reaction from a live mic or a soundboard pickup.
Yea Gary I mean I think we're all so different as to what we look for and listen for it would never surprise me that someone loved the Aura. I know in the right scenario they can sound wonderful. I saw Steve Earl last year at UCLA. He was using some form of Aura and there's not a chance it could have sounded better than it did. It just simply worked wonderfully. Of course I dunno what the touch response issues are as I was a listener. I do know James Taylor's rig of a few years back had James monitoring with his piezo and the Aura in the FOH only. That would lead me to believe there was some degree of "response" issues for him.

As to the images I'm certain the more accurate the image is to the guitar one's playing will inevitably make the touch response more accurate. I've thought about that process as well but always pull up just shy of going through with it!