View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
LOL..thanks Ray, that made me laugh. I hope my comment didn't come across as harsh or mean. I meant it more as amusing. I think I have told the story of my OOO-28ec before, but here it is again, I had an EC, it was fantastic and one of the best guitars I had ever played. We needed some house money, so I figured I could sell the EC and replace it later. Which I did. The problem though was that I figured wrong. My 2nd EC was not near as good as the first one. Point being....if you got a good one, HANG ON TO IT ! They are not created equal. Dang it. That said, my M36 is right there with the first EC I had. So, I totally agree with your comments and decision. Play it in great health.
Didn't come across as harsh or mean at all. But I've been pretty open about my inability to bond with the X20 I had, so I figured it deserved another mention. As for my 000-28EC, I've never played another one so I don't know if it's a good one or a really good one or an amazing one, but it sounds fantastic to me. My rosewood standard is a 1968 D-28 that was my only acoustic for about 25 years. The EC sounds like a smaller version of that guitar, same sweet rosewood sound. I'd pretty much convinced myself I didn't like rosewood anymore, but it turns out I just hadn't tried the right one yet...

-Ray