View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Well, as noted about a month ago, in post #11, I did return the Sable and kept the 000-28EC. And just in time to have to crank the heat in the house, which over a couple of weeks, has the EC sounding FANTASTIC! Which, to put it mildly, gave me much reinforcement for the decision I’d made. Also, I’m fine with dealing with humidity, particularly when it’s really dry - I just set up a humidifier and let it keep the room between 45-50%. The humid summer months are more problematic - I’ve been using desiccants in the cases, but I may opt for a de-humidifier next summer. I just decided to do my best and not worry about it. For me, my two Martins are the right guitars - took me awhile to find out just what I liked and Ive got two of em now, with very different sounds, but similar feel. I very much liked the Sable and the X7 I used to have, the X20 not so much (there you go John - a negative reaction to an Emerald!). But none enough to displace either of these Martins. So for the foreseeable future, no carbon fiber in my guitar room…

-Ray