View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

A few thoughts / perspectives:

HyVibe is probably not something that I would use predominantly. I definitely would NOT buy it. Well, if they come out with a nylon string version I might consider it........

I would probably enjoy amusing myself with it for 30 minutes to an hour of random noodling.

The effects sounded mostly awful to me.

We live in an era of explosive creativity in guitar design and building! I TOTALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY agree with / encourage / support / admire those individuals pursuing dreams of new frontiers in musical instrument design, including integration with electronics tech.

I agree with many of the negative comments in this thread, while simultaneously admitting that those negative comments are probably predominantly coming from individuals that share my age demographic, and readily acknowledging that folks of like age demographic probably had the exact same negative comments about the electric guitar and effects technology that we (then youngins) embraced in the 1950s and 1960s.

There might very well be a market for this guitar and there will be improvements and changes and competitors. Remember the "cellular phones" of 3 decades ago? Who would have foreseen the iPhones of today back then? We might ALL be playing something derived from this technology in a couple of more decades. Well, if any of us oldsters are still around.