View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 07:29 PM

Hey Tom, it's convenient for us Canadians to be able to order guitars/guitar accessories in the US and have it shipped to a US address. I've done that many times with my work corporate apartments. For many items it's much easier and with a better price point than ordering in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Hey Dru. The CA Cargo was also my gateway CF guitar. Back in ‘08 while my wife and I were beachbumming around Florida with a Baby Taylor, she inadvertently placed the BT in the “no place zone” in the convertible trunk when I was putting the top down. Crunch! It was ruined.

At that time, there was a buzz on the AGF about the Cargo, so with the help of a fellow AGFer who put me onto an available Cargo in Texas, I ordered it and received it in Florida within two days. I was, and am still impressed with the Cargo for the small thing it is. IMO, it is the perfect travel guitar and plays much bigger than it is. After that, I became very open to all that composite guitars offer as part of the overall guitar offerings. I still love and have wood guitars. I’ve been through a number of CFs, but still have the Cargo and an Emerald X20.
Hey Mark - looking forward to your Emerald review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
Hi Drew, -- I'll tell you in about 3 or 4 weeks when I get my Emerald X30 lol.

As you know I've been Mr. Gibson for decades, but --
  1. Environmental concerns, since I live in the desert
  2. The appearance of the Emerald
  3. The tone of the guitar in videos from dozens of people
  4. The reasonable price
  5. The testimony from all the Emerald lovers at AGF
. . . . have conspired together to put a CF instrument in my hands. -- Mark