View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
Congrats Max!!! Fantastic looking guitar!

That is a gorgeous Swiss spruce top, and the figured neck wood looks beautiful too.
Thank you! I feel very fortunate to live so close to the Swiss alps that I can select all of my tops in person and I am a huge fan of bearclaw figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
Thanks for sharing, Max! Absolutely stunning bearclaw on that Spruce and, as always, your lines and design aesthetic are remarkably elegant. I feel the same way about 1.75" nut widths: something a bit wider allows me to play cleaner and with more comfort
Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words!
It is great to hear some feedback about wider necks. Which widths do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Certainly is purdy! Glad to hear you are sharpening your playing skills. Congrats.
Thank you! It is a lot of fun and helps me sharpening my skills as a builder too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
Beautiful work, Max!
Thank you Marc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I love the look of the neck matching the back and sides so well! Of course it doesn't hurt that the wood is so beautiful - the whole guitar is very beautiful.

A question: now that you've found the optimum string spacing for your hands, wouldn't it be fairly simple to retrofit a new neck onto your old guitar?
Thank you! I am really happy with the look of the neck too and will definitely use it again.
You are right that I could change the neck on my previous guitar. But it is also very helpful to have a guitar in my shop to test for my clients and since most prefer a narrower nut width it is good to have one with a standard width around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Beautiful guitar, Max--very cool that you could take the time to build yourself a custom guitar to fit your needs and desires.

Really enjoy your work and appreciate you sharing it here!
Thank you Kevin! It indeed was a great experience.

Thanks to everyone for following along.