View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:11 AM

I posted the following response on a very similar thread from a couple of weeks ago, that thread can be found here:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=321712

My response in that thread:

Jamplay is great if you are interested in Rock and Pop check out the Level Two lessons by David Isaacs and/or Will Ripley. The former has a history of rock that covers the last 50 years and both have an Acoustic Rock series that are very well done. David Isaacs has a series called Effortless Guitar that is great too. I really like the Mark Lincoln series too. They have lots of fingerpicking lesson sets as well from more Travis Picking oriented (Steve Eulberg, Jim Deeming) to more modern (Calum Graham, Don Ross and Mike Dawes) to Acoustic blues (Mary Flower, Hawkeye Herman and Orville Johnson).

I also liked GuitarTricks. They have a two course beginner series and then three separate pathways for blues, rock and country. Each genre has two courses (i.e. Rock Level 1 & Level 2 etc.). Very well done. Tons of song lessons on that site too

Truefire is amazing, they have it all, dominated by blues but they have some acoustic rock and Celtic lesson sets that are top notch as well. They now have learning path lesson sets in multiple genres that look cool. These start basic and go to very advanced levels.

Artistworks is great for Bluegrass, Jazz Fingerstyle and Classical, and MusicwithRyan (mentioned before) is focused on bluegrass and let’s you submit videos of your playing to be critiqued, similar to Artistworks, but a smaller audience.

Tony Polecastros site is pretty awesome too, it takes a slightly different approach, with the main focus of getting you to pick up the guitar everyday to work on a short lesson but it works great if you stick with it.

Toby Walker, who posts here, has some really excellent fingerstyle, ragtime and acoustic blues lesson sets that are available for download. I can’t say enough good things about them.

The Learn and Master Guitar series can be purchased on Udemy.com for $49.99. There is another guitar course on that site called The Complete Guitar System Beginner to Advanced that has something like 300+ video lessons totaling 35 hours, that start basic and go to fairly advanced stuff. It’s listed at $199 now but it’s always on sale for $10-$15. I don’t own or have access to either of those but I see them listed and they are both rated pretty highly on the site.

Last edited by Dakotabison; 09-22-2018 at 12:24 AM.