View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:36 PM

Well, Just something I threw together. Hi Mary, you caught me slumming it again. I'm trying out some different ideas on this one. Eventually I want to have an inexpensive easy to make guitar that I could give away to people to encourage them to play. I did a rougher version (really, how bad can it get?) and gave it to a woman at work who wanted to play but needed a push along. I said if she decided to give it up or get herself a better guitar just return it and I will pass it along to someone else. So far I haven't got it back so there is still hope.

I will be using hanger bolts to attach the neck. Drilled some holes and cut down some finishing nails to stick out and mark the hole locations in the body.

Well what do you know, it worked.

I have the neck more or less lined up. I was in a thrift store and they had a bunch of T squares for drafting. Not a lot of call for drafting on paper, $0.75 each I took all three. Good for lining things up. I went with an oak fretboard as I probably would not use the piece for any thing else. I bought it years ago when I first wanted to make a box guitar. Little did I know I would still be at it years latter.

I have to run out and get some hanger bolts, I wonder what they have for wood today? When I get back the enjoyable part of carving the neck. I think I like doing it because it makes a mess. The seeing it go from lumber to neck is also part of the fun.