View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 09:19 AM

I'm guessing this thread came about after Tom and I had email exchanges about our art.
I've been an artist for as long as I can remember--in kindergarten, I remember the teacher and friends looking over my shoulder as I drew!
"Artist" has always been the thing I wanted to be (I related this in the "What work do you, or did you do?" thread). As the path progressed, I realized not many could make it--a living wage--just doing their Art. The closest job I could think of for bringing in a steady income was to be an art educator; and that is what I have been for 33 yrs. Most days I have my hands in some kind of media, and also get to set the spark for burgeoning creative minds--of whatever age (from elementary school to adult ed.). I'm in probably my last year teaching, and look forward to really "gettin' some work done" of my own-- at least much more than the little bit time allows while teaching!
I'm terrible at cataloging my work, so currently I don't have pictures to share--but I DID promise Tom I'll remedy that asap (this blended-learning scheme for schools is making SO MANY teachers burnt out--the daily check-list is never completed--and so heading for the exits=retirement)!

It has been a calling, pursuing the path of creative output, and I know you all can relate to that innate need to bring it forth.