View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Simon, this is really exciting and cool! Ukulele is my second instrument (I founded and led a ukulele club for 12 years). I have gone through many wooden ukes. My favorite player for the past couple of years is a Blackbird Farallon tenor, built with ekoa linen fiber composite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
I too own a Farallon by Blackbird, used to own their carbon fiber model, and also own a Klos carbon fiber tenor uke.
Id love to try a blackbird. They are onto something pretty cool with their use of linen. To be honest, there are lots of materials that have equivalent or even more favourable properties than carbon fibre; but then carbon fibre has a lot more established processes behind it and has an association with high end products. I dont think having a fiberglass guitar would just appeal the same! :P Although, my supplier is going to send me some new materials to mess about with. Ill share the results here if i have any success.

I've actually seen a Klos guitar in person (played by someone else). It had a lovely tone, and their pricing seems to be very attractive all things considered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Thread restored... and edited to comply with the rules.

Best of luck, Simon!
Thanks Kerbs!