View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 01:54 PM

I'm very curious to know how this pickup system handles feedback. With round sound holes (e.g. my Rainsong), I can plug the sound hole up with a feedback buster and am practically immune to feedback. But Emerald guitars don't have as easy of a solution I don't think.

The thing that makes me ask is that I'm looking for an amplified nylon solution. I'm particular in that I play almost exclusively in the classical playing position, and am only really comfortable with a real acoustic-sized guitar body (so I'd prefer not to get a thin body nylon electric like a Godin Multiac). I have an X20 Nylon that's pretty perfect. Now that the ghost system is available (allows us to control intonation and action, and we can also blend it with K&Ks), I just need to have some reasonable confidence I can play amplified with others and not have too much of a feedback issue.

I did ask Emerald about how their X10 is resistant to feedback (it was something that they mentioned in one of their X10 videos I believe), and instead of answering me, they directed me to a Youtube video, of which didn't tell me HOW it was feedback resistant, just that it was. I mention this only in that I understand the ghost pickups are also used on the X10 model, which is supposedly resistant to feedback. But I've no technical understanding of how it is any more resistant to feedback than a standard undersaddle piezo would be. And if it's not, I can tell you that with my Rainsong, I do need a feedback buster from time to time to keep it under control (well, I've used a notch filter and/or inverted the phase before to do it too, but ain't nothing so simple as stuffing the hole with a plug).

Any experience or thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Last edited by btbliatout; 07-15-2021 at 02:02 PM.