Thread: Journey OC660M
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 06:37 PM

EvanB,

You might become the only other person I know with OC660. I cannot wait until I read a review from none other than my favorite AGF uncle EvanB!

We all have our preferences and that makes our world that much more interesting. I have had guitars with a battery compattment in the rear and thought the corduroy battery pouch to be cheezy initially. Well, the pouch is sturdy and heavy duty. It is just as easy to replace the battry and honestly how often would you replace the battery?

What I found out to be more important might be placing the main unit in such a way that if your battery dies on you, you could unplug and replug the wires to the passive original configuration. ( A spare battery, of course, negates the need to switch back. ) AND make sure to test the unit before installing. I had a faulty unit and in the process of debugging, I had to unplug and replug a few times and it was not fun already installed.

Anyhow, if not too costly, why not a rear-mounted battery compartment! I do not know if the guitat comes straight from China, but if from their warehouse, I wonder if they will smoothe out some of the fret ends that are sharp-edged.

In regards to Blackbird in SF, I have been there three years ago and played the Savoy which sounded nice. I would love to check out Rider nylon as you have high opinions of its volume. Currently it is not being offered and I am hoping to see one used locally. I sm not in a hurry.

Well, now you got our antennas up, please keep us updated on your relentless journey, this time with Journey Instruments. Good luck!

Gitaman