Thread: Journey OC660M
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 10:28 AM
Guest 928

Gitaman;

Good to hear from you and thank you for the report. You mention sound tracks for various instruments, are they on this forum somewhere?

To answer my own question regarding volume control at the guitar with a passive pickup: I hooked the EDM Speed Cable to my Emerald 10 with a K&K passive pickup and my Roland Mobile Cube to see if the cable would work with a passive system. I slide the cable control to its lowest level and the amp to its highest level and found that I could, indeed, control my volume at the guitar.

Your observation regarding the airy sound from the active duel source makes me wonder if I should just get the duel source. But I don't like having a bunch of electronic stuff inside a guitar and believe that it diminishes the acoustic sound. Mathematicians write formulas with the mantra to pursue what is sufficient and what is necessary--the SBT may be the way I go.

My health has much improved and I am alive and back to enjoying this forum and the exploration of carbon fiber guitars.

Hope this finds you well and in good spirits.