View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM

You didn't say (or I missed it) but what kind of glue did you use? Ideally the glue will cure to a glassy hardness that will maximize the transmission of vibrations. Any soft glue like Gorilla Glue would likely act as a cushioned damping material between the surfaces, and may take a long time to cure hard. The glue should fill in any minor irregularities of the surface.

Also I assume that the strings on it now are new. Putting the old strings back on will cause them to go dead. Few things kill string tone faster than tuning up and down. Then I would finally think about checking for a perfectly flat saddle slot.

As an aside, I recall watching a fairly recent Godin factory tour video where they showed the final neck attachment station. They now use epoxy for the neck, with the neck bolts acting only as clamps until the epoxy cures. The technician measures the neck angle / height and chooses the right thickness of bridge from a parts bin to get the correct geometry. The necks will no longer be resettable, as it is usually impractical to get an epoxy joint apart. If there is a neck angle issue that occurs under warranty, they plan to replace the guitar outright.