Thread: Goodall TrOM
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I agree about the Goodall family - great people and great builders. I've had the pleasure of meeting them and previously owning one of their instruments (a CJ).

I've only played two TrOMs in the past, and thought they were some of the best OMs I had ever heard (albeit with a more modern vs traditional sound). The two I test drove were Hawaiian builds, and they appear to be one of the least available used Goodall's available in the wild.

I imagine the FT Bragg models are a step above due to the aforementioned move and downsizing to just James and Luke. That being said, every Hawaiian Goodall I have played or owned was stellar in its own right. Unfortunately, that move brought the new ones to way more than I am willing to spend, and the price of the used ones sky rocketed as well.

I just missed out on an excellent condition rosewood Trom @ Northern Lights a few weeks ago for $3500, which is the cheapest I have seen in the past year from a dealer or private seller. The hunt continues.