View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 04:46 AM

Default NGD - Lakestone SL

Hi all

I think I've cured my GAS for once and for all... I'll still have it, but I won't be able to do anything about it!

Had a weekend away in the Shropshire Hills (UK) for my birthday. Not far from Knighton Music Centre, it would have been rude not to wander in.

I had a budget in mind, if I found the right guitar - looking for something 000 or OM kinda size.

Blew my budget completely, paid twice what I had in mind... Tried a load of guitars, great stock of Larrivee, some Guild USA... and the Lakestone range. Handmade by a father and son team near Coventry.

This isn't at all what I thought I wanted. It's a small bodied Jumbo (if that makes sense?), normally I'd think it too large, but the arm bevel, and narrow waist/upper bout made it so comfortable. Red cedar top with Ziricote back and sides.

The sound...ohhhhh, the sound. A chorus of angels singing... (and I'm an atheist! ). It even made me sound good!

Did I need to spend that much? No. Does my playing justify spending that much? No. Should I have spent that much? No! Do I now own the most amazing guitar? Yes!