View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Default [Video in #161] Bashkin OM - Multiscale - Swiss Moon/Panama Rosewood w/Wingert HS

Hey folks, just getting a slow rolling start to my first ever build, with Michael Bashkin. No build pics to see yet, but we've picked out the Panama Rosewood back and sides.

IMG_4354.jpg
IMG_6463.jpg

I am also thrilled to have a custom headstock being done by the incredible Jimmi Wingert - Michael was able to persuade her to fit me into her reduced schedule.

The design is a Japanese Maple in the fall, which, like other jobs Jimmi has done for Bashkin Guitars, is based on a Japanese woodblock print, this time by one of my favorite modern woodblock artists, Toshi Yoshida.

IMG_0405jw.jpg
IMG_0319jw.jpg
IMG_0411jw.jpg

The Japanese Maple is a special tree to me and my family and we wanted to commemorate our history with it with this build. Unlike the "Wave" and "Flute Player" headstocks she has done for Michael in the past, Jimmi will use wood marquetry rather than shell.

We also decided to go with a natural maple background, to match the light background of the original woodblock print. It's still a work in progress, and of course I love it, but I think objectively speaking, Jimmi is quite special at what she does.

Bashkin 00-12 Adi/Hog
Bashkin 0M-MS Swiss Moon/PRW(build thread)
Bashkin GC-12 Sitka/Koa
Carter-Poulsen J-Model German Select Spruce/MacEb
Fender MIJ Strat ('90) and 50s RW Tele ('19)
Martin 00-28c Spruce/BRW('67)
Martin M-36 (R) Sitka/EIR
Michaud O-R Cedar/Koa - New Build
Michaud J-R Sitka/MBW
K. Yairi RF-120 Spruce/EIR
KoAloha KTM-25 Koa/Koa
Yamaha G-231 Cedar/Hog ('71)

Last edited by chippygreen; 12-23-2019 at 10:22 PM.