View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrick View Post
I have a Taylor 114ce, which has a UST in it. I listened to some clips of other pickups and based on those clips concluded that I would probably prefer the K&K Pure Western Mini sound over the UST. Here's my question--if I were to try to install this pickup in my guitar, how would you recommend I do it? I don't think there's anyone around who can do it for me. Because of the huge jack cutout on the end, I figure that I need to use the existing endpiece. I haven't taken it apart yet, but it seems like the simplest scenario would just be to disconnect the endpin from the K&K and connect it to the endpin on the Taylor.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan? I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and with electronics in general, is there something else I should try? I'd love to be able to use the existing preamp, but I'm guessing that just connecting the K&K to the current electronics would yield a far-less than ideal result. I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help!
Not sure what you mean by "huge jack output on the end". K&K uses a standard 1/4" jack, the same as most UST pickups. Should be a simple replacement using the same size hole. The K&K jack should fit right in.

David
David's CDs