View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Sales of the Cargo were hurt by the sudden price increase about three years ago. I get that the product has to be profitable to survive. Our Cargo was $1299 then the very next month the same thing was marked $1799. I have no idea if the store has any wiggle room in those prices, not having tried to make a deal. At the higher price point, the same guitars have been sitting in this store ever since.
Valid point. I've noticed that Emerald prices have increased rather drastically over the past couple of years, and I wonder if that will end up affecting their sales. Interestingly, it seems to me that every maker of CF guitars has upped prices over the past year or so save two: Rainsong introduced their CH series, which provide CF functionality with subdued aesthetics for a very reasonable price, and Journey, which has not increased the price on their RT and OF 660 CF guitars. It will be instructive to see how these do compared to the now comparatively unaffordable guitars from Emerald, CA, McPherson, Blackbird, etc.