View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 07:18 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
Cherry Hill is my closest Sam Ash. Hard to believe KoP and Edison are closing and Cherry Hill is staying open. They rarely have much in the way of inventory anymore, and their is a Guitar Center in the same strip mall that is much better stocked.

I have purchased several guitars from Sam Ash over the years and have generally preferred them to Guitar Center. Sad state of affairs overall in the Music Retail business right now.
Yeah, strange that KoP is closing since KoP is a fairly big "destination" because of our huge mall.

Now my choices are head down to GC in Plymouth Meeting (about 25 minutes away) or we have a fairly small (but decent) store called George's Music about 10 minutes away. And I think West Chester has some stores.

Oh, my best bet now would be to drive down 202 to the GC in Wilmington to save on taxes.

I'm not in the market for anything at the moment but I think honestly at this point, I would just do the online thing considering the local music store situation and I'm experienced enough to trust videos/etc... I'm turning 50 soon-ish (yikes!) so I'll probably be in the market for something to celebrate then.

I'd hate to be a new player in this scene right now.