View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack Guitarist View Post
I sincerely thank everyone for your replies. Don't stop, I'm still learning a lot. I have to say I have been really disappointed in the lack of Tele's to try in my local stores. Especially since we are now just a few weeks before Christmas. I thought this would be a good time to try out different models. I went a completely different direction for now and just ordered a Classic Vibe 50's Tele from Sweetwater. They get such good reviews, it's hard to find someone saying anything bad about them. I figure for that price point I can muck around with it a bit and not worry about destroying it. Do they end up calling Tele's partscasters? Don't get me wrong, my go-to local mom & pop store had a beautiful Fender American Pro Tele in butterscotch blonde that I dearly fell in love with. It was even marked down to $1249.00 for Christmas. But sadly that is still a bit out of my budget. Dang it was a sweet guitar. It's okay though. The Squier will give me a chance to take things apart and put them back together, replace things, maybe mess up some soldering, and if I screw it up too bad it's not like screwing up a $1500.00 guitar. Thanks everyone. I have already learned a lot from these comments and I'm sure I will learn more.
Probably good call going for a Squier CV Tele.

For value, those are REALLY hard to beat price wise.

If you really want to get the most for your $$$, you could buy a CV Tele used.

I frequent pawnshops on daily basis 5 days a week every year.

I've found AMAZING deals on quality USA guitars many times.

A friend of mine found a CV Tele just like the one you're going to buy for $20 in pawnshop about a month ago.

I've never seen a CV Tele in a pawnshop for $20, but I've seen plenty of them between $100-$150 around my area.

I don't know where you live, but I'd really consider hitting all the pawnshops in your area.

You might find a killer price on a Squier CV guitar.
'81 Martin 7-28 7/8 D-28
'03 Taylor Jumbo Custom
'04 Ramirez 1-E Classical
'09 Breedlove Roots OM/SR acoustic/electric
‘15 Martin Centennial DC - 28E