View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack Guitarist View Post
I sincerely thank everyone for your replies. Don't stop, I'm still learning a lot. I have to say I have been really disappointed in the lack of Tele's to try in my local stores. Especially since we are now just a few weeks before Christmas. I thought this would be a good time to try out different models. I went a completely different direction for now and just ordered a Classic Vibe 50's Tele from Sweetwater. They get such good reviews, it's hard to find someone saying anything bad about them. I figure for that price point I can muck around with it a bit and not worry about destroying it. Do they end up calling Tele's partscasters? Don't get me wrong, my go-to local mom & pop store had a beautiful Fender American Pro Tele in butterscotch blonde that I dearly fell in love with. It was even marked down to $1249.00 for Christmas. But sadly that is still a bit out of my budget. Dang it was a sweet guitar. It's okay though. The Squier will give me a chance to take things apart and put them back together, replace things, maybe mess up some soldering, and if I screw it up too bad it's not like screwing up a $1500.00 guitar. Thanks everyone. I have already learned a lot from these comments and I'm sure I will learn more.
I will be interested in any further progress report/ impressions once you have that new tele in your hands for a while - and if it’s one of the new Indonesian manufactured ones. The MIC only required an upgrade to the output jack - the pickups spec wise are high performance (see comparison tested specs on site devoted to the tele) and wiring on those included full size pots/ pickups only changed out on personal preference -