View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 04:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Let's see: I collect knives, play guitars, just returned from Venice, worked in Peterborough for a few years, and I'm a wood scientist. How could I not follow this thread? Looks great Mark.
That's great! If you get back up Peterborough way give me a call I'd be happy to give you the shop tour and you can see this Olivewood first hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
I'm in! Like the navigator in the above picture ( he has his boat listing to port ever so slightly ). All by design to make the next bridge opening. Good wishes as you make your way!
Well put Jobe, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross748 View Post
Fascinating! I will be watching!
Thanks ross748!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Knot View Post
I'm so very much onboard for this build, Mark...
For personal reasons, I've been intrigued with the prospect of an Olivewood guitar for quite some time, and I'm truly envious of this beautiful specimen that you've been able to procure. I'll be following this thread with a curious mind.....and an inspired heart.

Joel
I've been poking at this wood for awhile now. Some will recognize a few of these pictures that I have posted earlier. I'm starting from the beginning on this thread so it's all in one spot. It has grown into a very large project for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Well Mark, you have done it again, found some absolutely stunning wood that will end up being phenomenal. I mean how do you do it, that back is amazing!
Thanks Tom! Come to think of it a lot of the mammoth ivory on the guitar I made for you came from Howard.

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher