View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you post what your intended use is someone could most likely explain why one device is better suited than the other.

In general, the features of the mixer are optimized for live use (and some capture/record the live show as an extra benefit), whereas the interface is optimized for recording and playback of the recordings and is used in combination with a DAW application running on your computer.
Primary use would be home recording, but I have been toying around with adding another mic or two to my setup, which would require the addition of extra channels. Also, with my current setup (guitar-mic-interface-garageband) I have to turn the levels up to the point of clipping in order get a decent over-all volume level.unless I export the finished project as an MP3 then bring it back into garageband to bring the volume up more. So maybe I would like something with more headroom if thats even possible?

I was thinking having some sort of purpose built physical mixer might increase the level of control I have on my sound, and maybe let me boost my mic level without distortion. But it sounds like thats the opposite of what would happen lol

2019 j45 Studio

Fender Stratocaster

Fender Jazz Bass

Vox AC15