View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipY View Post
It actually has been a while since I've ordered this guitar from Tim. Back in 2019, I talked to Tim about building a custom guitar and was surprised by his knowledge and the beautiful art pieces exhibited on his website. So I decided to make one my own.

However, the covid-19 has made several changes to my life and I have to move back and forth. In that case, I was unable to continue the plan with Tim...

Luckily, things are getting fine this year. So we got back in touch, and now I am getting my first custom guitar ever this spring!

Here are some specs of the guitar:

Straight grain cocobolo B&S
1950 Vintage Redwood Top
Mini Mac body shape (close to an SJ)

I would also love to share a picture of the maple rosette we pick together!

That's a great story! You sound like you've known the McKnights for a long time. Have you been to a McJam?

I understand your challenges all too well. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to commission a guitar with them - though they've indulged me for the last 15 years. I count many of their guitars as several of the ones that got away and the two that are currently in production give me that pang of not quite GAS but longing. Cocobolo sure is pretty and I've often wondered how it would pair with cedar or lutz, though redwood is a good choice as well.

OTOH, to borrow one of my 81 year old mother's phrases: "I'd love be a fly on the wall" and envy Mary almost as much since she gets to not only see the work but experience all five senses involved in the process.

Sorry Mary, I couldn't resist! FWIW I LOVE the smell of cedar and will take your word for it on cocobolo.

With that said, as with every other McKnight build I will be watching this one with great interest and am excited to share this journey with you.