View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new guitar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
I am the fortunate owner of Bruce’s recently built Adi/Pernambuco L-00, and I thought it was time to post my early impressions. There seems to be nothing about this guitar that holds the sound back. The tone from top to bottom has serious depth. It is so lively, wide open, and balanced in it’s infancy, it’s hard to believe that it will get better. It doesn’t need to.

I started the conversation of my second build with Bruce with the idea of a 000 BRW in the traditional (Martin) style. But somewhere early in the discussion, I decided to let Bruce take the lead, and my L-00 is the result. To say that I am happy about it would be an understatement. I must also say, however, that my Sexauer FT-0C (Adi/Mahogany) from 2020 is, although different from the L-00, as good (at least to me) in its own right. They compliment each other.

One last thoughtful note – I know that I am merely the first owner/custodian of these instruments. They should last for many, many years after I’m gone to be played by others down the chain (hopefully by one or more of my descendants). While I can, I will play them a lot and take care of them for the next generation of players. Thanks Bruce.