View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:39 AM

Talking

Hmmmm- I have 13 guitars, so yes, I play a lot of different ones, including a Gretsch electic-

The set-up? I do it myself. I get the low E to 7/64's by sanding the saddle and/or truss rod adjustment in combination with the saddle sanding. I check the *play* at the 2nd and 3rd fret with a feeler gauge to get .008-.010 - I'm not a "pro" at set-up, by any stretch of anyone's imagination. But, I'm competent and confident from a life time of similar skill use with my eyes, hands and feeler gauges. LOL- that's why it bothers me that my fingers have been rendered useless in feeling my way with something as simple as buttoning a shirt-

My technique, is, I think, the issue. But, when I try to not fret hard the sound is deadened. Finding the correct pressure it seems to me, should come natural after a year of playing daily for extended periods- but, it hasn't. So, I'm looking for tips and even tricks

Maybe I'm in too big of a hurry. At 73 time is of the essence. I consider learning a new song (plus the ones I know) and playing it as practice-

Oh- I have a moustache too - it goes with my callouses