View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 04:11 PM

A few years ago, my local 5 star Gibson dealer had an Advanced Jumbo with an adi/red spruce top. That was the best, or at least my favorite Gibson acoustic I ever played. I encouraged a friend to buy it to remove my temptation to be financially irresponsible. It also gives me access if I want to play it. It sounded different from a Martin HD-28 that was also in the store and to my ears, the Martin did not 'win' tonally, which really impressed me.

I've owned a LG-2 American Eagle which surprisingly spoke to me a while back. I had to move it to allow the purchase of my currently owned HD-28. I don't regret moving it but I do wish that I didn't have to. It had a great fingerpicking sound that, while I've always preferred rosewood bodied guitars, gave me an equally pleasing fingerpicking sound as my OM-28 Martin.

I don't have a number three, yet. Down the road, I could see me possibly getting a J-45 or round shouldered Southern Jumbo as I currently have no mahogany bodied guitars and I may appreciate the variety in having one.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop