View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Nothing to do with "sinning" this morning. I received a comment (well, actually: a question) on my blog today, from a post from 4 1/2 years ago: the day I received my X10. I still think of that guitar as "my new one."

Besides the short scale (24.6") that I ordered, I also had the back and sides done with Emerald's "Crystal Ice" finish. I like that finish; have it on two of my three Emeralds. The question on the blog was if I still like that Crystal Ice finish. Answer: absolutely! It doesn't show wear, like a nick or bump might do with the gloss finish. It is just a bit of texture that helps the guitar sit on your lap, without being "grabby." (I played a McPherson Touring a couple weeks ago, and I found that texture on the back and sides to be grabby.) The Crystal Ice has a nice "feel" to it.

The gentleman was thinking about getting that finish on the back and sides of an X20 he is about to order. I don't know if Emerald is offering that "Crystal Ice" as an option anymore. At the time, there was no up-charge to get that... but it had only been a couple years since they had their Opus and Artisan series... and WAY before the 3D Builder.

I don't catch every Emerald Friday Shipping Video... is anyone getting the Crystal Ice finish on the back and sides these days?