View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
How can you be so sure this never happens? On the contrary, it does, even if we don't personally know anyone. In fact, here's an article on 35 such cases. Not all are "artist steals and makes it big with unknown songwriter's work" (and some allegations I think are questionable, like with "Blurred Lines"), but if a quick search can turn up that many instances, it's probably fair to say there are lots more out there we haven't heard about.

If you don't want to spend money on copyright registration, fine. But don't cast shade on those who do--there are good reasons why they take that step.
Chipotle....I had a good laugh. It was strange coming from you cause you're one of the most knowledgeable people here, but that article actually proves my point that it's all corporations and their minions doing all the towel throwing...not poor little guys with too many guitars. I wonder how much the copyright office actually racks in from those scare tactics. Sorry, but yes they do....intentionally scare people into doing things they wouldn't normally do under other more sane circumstances.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp