View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi Rory, this was a great read - you communication your excitement and passion very well.

I'm a fan of 12 fret guitars and the image of the unfinished guitar is remarkably similar to a guitar I designed to be built by a friend, maybe 25 years ago, however the project coincided with my first ever period of unemployment for me so it was still-born.

I'm interested in your description of tonal qualities and your use of the term "spit". Am I correct in interpreting that as "attack" and/or, perhaps "velocity of sound"?

Anyway, it is delightful to read of a luthier and his passion. Keep up the story.
Hi,

Thank you. In terms of 'spit', Martin and I considered this to be about the power at the start of the note. We were looking for a powerful but controllable punch which we called 'spit'.

Next chapter coming today, hope you enjoy!
All the very best,
Rory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
As everyone else has said, excellent story and very well written. I feel like I was in your head there myself. I can't wait to hear more and to meet you in person this Spring!!!!!!

Beautiful stuff here boys and girls!
Hi Tom,
Thanks for this and for everything. Looking forward to the build, the trip and finally meeting you in person!
All the very best,
Rory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
Nicely done Rory, I look forward to hearing the music martin will make with thsi guitar!
I'll show you one this weekend Michael!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Hello Rory

That read like the exciting start of a great novel and you left us in a cliffhanger as at august 2017 so there will be a lot more to the story left to tell so keep them coming!
Hi there,

Thank you. Hope you enjoy the next chapter coming today.
All the very best,
Rory