View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
I really admire your ability to tell such a wonderful story in such a melodic way. My favorite sports announcer Chick Hearn passed away a few years ago and they used to say his great ability was to create a "words-eye-view" of the LA Lakers games for his radio audience. You did the same through "Emily and Mr. Neil".
Thank you, Steve. This was one of those songs that seemed to have a life of its own. Hopefully I will be gifted with another such writing experience. Guess I'll just have to keep writing. Oh the drudgery.

By the way... did you ever get your question answered re recording vs. automating faders in different programs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
OUTSTANDING Dave, all my respect!

And then occasionally we get songs like "Emily and Mr. Neil" which are absolutley "where did that come from" fantastic! I've taken a few songwriting workshops and that would get big props from the pros.

Everything works, the playing, the very nice emotional singing, and the wonderful and uniquely different story.

I loved it...................
Thank you, Rich. You've always been honest and respectful with your critiques, and that has been very helpful in developing my chops. I like to experiment with different styles of music and approaches to writing. As I said to Steve, this one seemed to have a life of its own. It felt like a relationship (a good one). I recorded it in just two takes. Man that was sweet. Well, on to the next song.

Taylor 555 '82
Martin DM '97
Yamaha EZ-AG
Washburn Rover /w Fishman Matrix Infinity UST
Shen SB-100 (double bass) 2010